What makes PNN stand apart from other agencies?
We’re fast, detailed and have what you need, when you need it.
- Our unrivaled screening procedures that make us an industry leader
- Our renowned professionalism
- Our eminent ability to listen and respond to our employees, candidates and families
- Our incomparable availability and responsiveness
As you can see from the testimonials on our website, all of these claims are steadily reinforced by client and candidate feedback. We are proud to have earned the trust of families, candidates and employees who say we are the most responsive, caring agency with whom they’ve ever worked. We don’t compromise on any level.
How do you screen your nannies, sitters and household helpers?
We have a five-step process:
- We screen the candidate over the telephone to qualify them for an interview.
- The candidate completes a comprehensive six-page application form and we check the US Justice Department Sex Offender Registry.
- We meet for an in-depth interview.
- We check references. This consists of detailed conversations with former childcare employers, and a verification of education and all other types of employment.
- We engage upon hire a private security firm to conduct all the following checks: Department of Motor Vehicles, National and State Criminal Records, Office of Foreign Assets Control, PA Child Abuse Clearance and social security trace.
How long does it take to hire a nanny, sitter or household helper?
For temporary care, almost immediately. We usually have a pool of screened candidates prepared for placement. For long term hiring of at least one year, the average range is from three to six weeks—start to finish. With that said, we’ve made placements in as little as one day and some have taken up two months. It all depends on the circumstances unique to the family. We will not compromise our screening quality. Much also depends on how quickly you’re able to work with us. If you return our calls promptly and call the candidates immediately, it will be a shorter process. If you wait several days to return our calls or to contact a candidate, the process will take longer. The important piece we emphasize is to hire the right nanny, sitter or household helper. Many of our clients find the right person within the first few interviews.
What is your cancellation policy for temporary referrals and as needed babysitters?
For agency fee
Up to $100 of the agency fee is non-refundable should the client cancel for any reason.
For Helper’s Wages
To avoid payment to the helper, prompt cancellation is required. Notice of cancellation must be made directly to the agency by phone or email.
Cancellation with more than 24-hour notice
You will not be obligated to pay the helper if the job is cancelled with more than 24 hours’ notice. For Saturday, Sunday or Monday cancellations of a scheduled temp job, the agency must be notified no later than 3 pm the previous Friday.
Cancellation with less than 24-hour notice
Failure to cancel within the prescribed time frame will result in payment to the helper as follows:
- Minimum of 4 hours of pay for a 1 day or 1 evening temp job
- Minimum of 6 hours of pay for a day or evening temp job that is more than 1 day
PNN will automatically charge the client’s credit card for the amount owed to the helper, plus a $10 service charge. However, payment to the helper shall be waived if another position for the cancelled dates is secured.
Can I use you only for screening services? Does this mean I can hire my own candidate and your agency will help me with screening?
We recognize that not everyone can do proper screening on their own. It’s often burdensome and time-consuming. It’s also difficult to identify red flags and blind spots. So for clients who find potential candidates through other resources, we offer a DIY option. That means we can do everything from background checking to interviewing to reference checking. We can do our whole screening process on a candidate or any combination of vetting services. Clients who want to thoroughly screen and check a candidate’s background and credentials regularly use us for this service option. If you’re interested in this service, call us!
Can I directly hire a candidate who PNN had introduced to me a long time ago or who had worked for me as a babysitter or as a temporary helper in the past?
No. Whether the individual actually worked for you in the past or you met her for an interview, you remain obligated to compensate PNN for the Application, Registration and Referral Fees should you engage her services for a temporary job, babysitting job or a long term job. Failure to do so may be legally actionable, and could result in your financial liability.